About Me.....

Hi my name is Shannon Smith and right now I am a sophomore here at the University of South Alabama. My major is Special Education grades 6-12. I plan on getting a degree in all levels of Special Education, but 6-12 is my main interest so I decided that I wanted to start off getting that degree. I came to South Alabama from Katy, Texas where I spent much of my time in high school helping out with the special education classes. My senior year of high school I also did a program called Ready, Set, Teach where I spent three hours every morning observing and student teaching in all elementary grade level classes. We got to create small and large group lesson plans and we had to use them in different classrooms and create them according to what the students were learning at the time. I am very excited about becoming a Special Education teacher and the experience that I have had so far has given me a good idea of what I am going to be doing!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I want to be a Special Education Teacher

I can honestly say I was never completely sure what I wanted to do in life until about my senior year in high school. I have always had a passion for special education and the students involved. They have always brought joy to my heart and I really enjoyed spending time with them. For the longest time though, I ONLY thought it was a passion I had. My senior year, I spent every morning on school days at and elementary school where I was considered a "student teacher" in several different classes that I spent time in. Then when I would go back to my high school I spent another part of my day with the students in the special education classes. The more time I spent with them and in my teaching internship, the more I excited I got about becoming a teacher. I love being involved in students' lives and I want to be able to make an impact on how they live and learn in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment